We also upgraded to Ext.Net 1.2.
There were two bugs in Mono 2.10, which were show-stoppers:
http://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2505 was a problem with the mono compiler, in Mono 2.10.x
This was fixed in mono master.
So I tried to build mono from master, but then I had problems with fastcgi, while xsp4 was serving the content correctly:
This was also fixed in mono master.
Below is a link to a tar.gz file, that contains the build of Mono, with mod_mono and xsp, at the beginning of February 2012.
I wanted to use lighttpd and fastcgi with Mono and Ext.Net, but that did not work.
The error that I got was similar as to described here, but without a solution that works for me:
It works fine with xsp4.
I then tried with mod_mono and apache2:
I came across this issue http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?12348-404-Not-Found-for-a-few-resources-requests, that the resources cannot be loaded. The solution from that thread also helped me:
Add CleanResourceUrl = "false" to your .aspx file:
So here are my configuration steps for Ext.Net with Mono and Apache2:
This works with Ubuntu Oneiric 64 bit (11.04). But it might work on other Ubuntu/Debian version as well. I have also used it on CentOS.
apt-get install apache2
for 32 bit: wget http://download.pokorra.de/mono/ubuntu32/mono.tar.gz
tar xzf mono.tar.gz
for 32 bit: wget http://download.pokorra.de/mono/ubuntu32/mod_mono.so
# note that mod_mono.conf contains this line:
# MonoServerPath /opt/mono-2.10-git/bin/mod-mono-server4
# search for LANG, and replace with this line:
ENV="env -i LANG=en_GB PATH=/opt/mono-2.10-git/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"Mono will create a directory /var/www/.mono which should not be public.
In your apache site configuration file, add just before <Directory /var/www/>
Deny from all
tar xzf extnet-sample-mono.tar.gz
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www
See the result here:
This is the demo for the Desktop from Ext.Net 1.2, with a slight modification in Default.aspx and Desktop.aspx for the ResourceManager as described above.